Friday, December 2, 2011

yep.

For the past week or so, I've been reflecting on the past- my past- and I found myself reading old journals and blog posts. This week has taught me the huge difference between reflecting on the past and dwelling in the past: but reflect too long, and you'll find yourself staying a lot longer than you had planned. Sometimes it's necessary to take time and look at where you've been so you can see how far you've come.

This past week has also shown me that even when I don't feel or see the hand of God at work in my life, that doesn't mean that God isn't working. Sometimes the process is so slow and painful you don't even realize it's happening. But assuredly, it is. We can know that because God promises to complete the work inside of us. And we know God has never been anything but faithful.

By day or by night, by the good and by the bad, no matter the condition of my heart or my outlook on life, God is still holy. No matter what happens to me, I am held in the hands of the Unchanging One.

No comments:

Post a Comment