Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'll Make You Bullet Proof.

I came across one of my most favorite songs today. Every time I hear it, I'm reminded of how blessed I am to be with my husband. A lot of people know our story, but most don't. 

It actually started in January 2010. I was away at college in Florida and had been seeking God and praying earnestly for my future husband. Hours and hours were spent on my face for whoever it was that God had designed just for me. Through prayer, it almost felt as if I began to know him. I know it sounds crazy, and maybe it is...

One night I sat on the bleachers at the soccer field so overwhelmed with relationships and the fear of wasting my time dating someone who I wasn't supposed to be with. In my spirit I felt God tell me "In two years you'll know." Okay...in two years I would meet him? be married? like, what does that even mean? 

Fast forwarding past broken hearts and mistakes, we reach January 2012. For several months I had been attending a young adult bible study and our group was going away on a retreat with another young adult group. So one of the guys and I decided to go visit the other group a few weeks in advance so we could get to know some people. We walk in and I saw Matthew. And immediately in my heart I heard "It's been  two years and I told you that you would know." 

Matthew approaches and we catch up, since he and I actually grew up together and were friends as children. It had been years since we had seen each other so naturally we wanted to talk about everything. 

Within a month we both knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were to be together. This was who God had designed just for me. This was the man that I would stand side by side with forever; doing ministry, raising a family, saving the world. 

No one understood why we dated, got engaged, and married in 11 months. But we did. Cause when you know, well, you know! And I had years of prayer for him going into our relationship. Our relationship was, and is, founded in praying together and seeking our Father, to push each other to know Him deeper. 

I'm so blessed to be so loved and understood. To have someone who models Christ's love for me everyday. I wouldn't trade or change one moment. I love you, Matty J. To the moon and back. I'm so glad you and I were made for this embrace. 

Embrace. (Here's the song!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment