Two years ago today my feet were walking on African soil. Zambian soil to be exact. Myself and 25 other college students from Southeastern University gave up our comfort zone for two and a half weeks in exchange for Kingdom Business. During the course of those two and a half weeks we saw incredible things. Blind eyes opened, deaf ears restored, people freed from demonic possession, and hundreds of people accept salvation.
My life was wrecked and my heart was left with that nation. Everyday my heart yearns to go back. There's no place I would rather be than camping in a tent in a village that has never heard the name of Jesus. If doing that everyday for the rest of my life meant winning souls, I would choose that every time. Never in my life have I met a more bonded people group. Never before have I seen a hunger for something so real. I went thinking I would challenge them; but instead it was me that was challenged.
A phenomenal woman by the name of Beauty said these words to me..."We've prayed someone like you would come. I can see the love you have for my people in your eyes. You were called to do this, don't ever let that go."
Beauty, I will never let go. God willing, I will return one day.
Today, at this very moment, most of the 25 students returned to Zambia to continue the work we started two years ago. My heart longs to be there with them. One of the locals who now works with the missionaries there messaged me today to say he wishes I could be there and that I need to come back. It gives me so much hope that people I met two years ago still remember who I am and know that God has called me to be there.
Lord, here am I...send me.
No comments:
Post a Comment