It's taken 19 months for me to get behind the keys again. And here I am. In the past 19 months my life has changed drastically. I'm now a wife to an amazing man and a mom to a beautiful baby boy! My son is 10 weeks old today and has finally mastered the art of napping- it's wonderful. So I am taking full advantage of the moment!
Today I was reflecting on my life and how it is NOTHING like what I thought it would be. Over and over I kept hearing the words of Isaiah in my spirit:
"MY thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine [...] for my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isn't that a relief? Taking those words to heart, I began to look back at my ways. I wonder: where would I be today, December 3rd 2013, if I followed my own way, my own plan, my own heart? The heart is deceitful. In our own skin we think we know what's best for us. Would I be married? If so, to who? Would I be a mother? Would I be happy?
I had many opportunities to have different answers to those questions. At one time I thought I knew the answers to those questions. But God had a higher way for me. He had better thoughts towards me than I had toward myself. He had mercy on my life to change the direction it was headed. By grace He led me to His perfect match for me in the timing HE decided. And in that same timing, He saw fit to give us a child. Obedience to His leading led me straight into His will for my life, no matter how strange it seemed.
No, I honestly never saw myself marrying my childhood friend. All those play dates with us and our siblings never registered on anyone's radar that we were soul mates. Although, he should have known the day I asked him if his legs were broken...but that's another story!
Here we are 12 days away from our one year anniversary. Who would have thought? Certainly not either of us! But again I am reminded that His "ways are higher" and much better! My heart is so full of thankfulness and praise.
I just want to encourage anyone who may currently be disappointed by where you are in life. Maybe you thought you were headed in the right direction and it didn't work out the way you thought it was supposed to. Lift your head; HIS ways are higher! You might not be able to see it now, but the plan you thought was perfect might have been your biggest disaster. Trust God. Trust His leading. He could be leading you into His perfect will. Trust it. Even if it seems unlikely or far from what you thought, just remember His thoughts are higher. He sees the bigger picture; we only see the pieces. I sure am glad I'm not where I thought I would be.
From my journey to yours,
Aimee
Today I was reflecting on my life and how it is NOTHING like what I thought it would be. Over and over I kept hearing the words of Isaiah in my spirit:
"MY thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine [...] for my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isn't that a relief? Taking those words to heart, I began to look back at my ways. I wonder: where would I be today, December 3rd 2013, if I followed my own way, my own plan, my own heart? The heart is deceitful. In our own skin we think we know what's best for us. Would I be married? If so, to who? Would I be a mother? Would I be happy?
I had many opportunities to have different answers to those questions. At one time I thought I knew the answers to those questions. But God had a higher way for me. He had better thoughts towards me than I had toward myself. He had mercy on my life to change the direction it was headed. By grace He led me to His perfect match for me in the timing HE decided. And in that same timing, He saw fit to give us a child. Obedience to His leading led me straight into His will for my life, no matter how strange it seemed.
No, I honestly never saw myself marrying my childhood friend. All those play dates with us and our siblings never registered on anyone's radar that we were soul mates. Although, he should have known the day I asked him if his legs were broken...but that's another story!
Here we are 12 days away from our one year anniversary. Who would have thought? Certainly not either of us! But again I am reminded that His "ways are higher" and much better! My heart is so full of thankfulness and praise.
I just want to encourage anyone who may currently be disappointed by where you are in life. Maybe you thought you were headed in the right direction and it didn't work out the way you thought it was supposed to. Lift your head; HIS ways are higher! You might not be able to see it now, but the plan you thought was perfect might have been your biggest disaster. Trust God. Trust His leading. He could be leading you into His perfect will. Trust it. Even if it seems unlikely or far from what you thought, just remember His thoughts are higher. He sees the bigger picture; we only see the pieces. I sure am glad I'm not where I thought I would be.
From my journey to yours,
Aimee
No comments:
Post a Comment